Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 22 Update

This week marks lots of change, progress and busyness for the Horton family.  We made another trip to Lawton this weekend to enjoy time with family and see our cousin Tomas get married.  He and Jessica had a beautiful ceremony and it was lots of fun!  We loved getting to see everyone as well as spend time with Clara Mae and Houston who were up from Texas.  We figured out it had been almost 5 years since we had seen them - much too long! :)  I got to transport the sushi for the reception over to Altus and Tyler helped me by riding as my co-pilot.  We had a great time singing in the car and playing over at Aunt Deedee and Cousin Lincoln's house.  Lincoln was very nice to share his toys with Tyler while I finished getting ready for the wedding.  George spent the afternoon at the farm and got to take Pepper out for a run.  Here are some good pics from the wedding reception:
IMG_5435
Houston & Clara
IMG_5440
Uncle Bub & Tyler

IMG_5442
Crazy Georgie & Tyler
IMG_5441
Nana & Tyler
IMG_5444
Clara, Juliana & Houston
We came back to town early Sunday morning because a contractor is visiting the house Wednesday and George had to get a couple of walls torn down in the living room in order for them to give us an estimate.  He and a very nice group of volunteers helped tear out the sheetrock and old wood paneling out of the living room.  It felt very nice to see it go!  We can now see the larger space taking shape and look forward to getting the walls textured and painted.  I am very proud of George for all the work he's done on the house.  It has saved us lots of money and everything is looking great! 
IMG_5448
George hard at work
IMG_5450
Old breakfast nook wall
IMG_5445
Removal of living room dividing wall
Baby Horton is growing like a weed this week!  My belly is definitely showing it, too.  When we went down to see family, everyone commented on the difference the past week has made.  According to BabyCenter, she weighs around 1 lb. and is the almost a foot long, the size of a spaghetti squash.  We have our next prenatal check-up tomorrow and can't wait to hear her heartbeat.  This week I've also noticed a little swelling in my hands and feet.  I have pretty much given up on wearing my wedding rings because each time I put them on I break out in blisters within a few hours.  I'm not sure what's causing the reaction, but I'm ready for it to go away!  Baby H has also been kicking up a storm.  She is most active in the mornings and evenings.  Although, she's been known to poke me around lunchtime as well. :)  Here is a picture from the Sanchez wedding this weekend:
Week 22
Baby H is 22 Weeks!
We hope each of you have a wonderful week!  I'll be posting an update after our doctor's appointment to let you know how she's progressing.  

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I am enjoying your blog. I can't wait to see the progress on your house this summer, and of course see the precious new little one! :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete