Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 26 Update

Well, technically this update is for week 25 and 26! We have had quite an eventful past couple of weeks. The house is coming along nicely and we should have everything wrapped up downstairs in about 2-3 weeks. The tile installation is almost finished and looks great - here is a sneak peak of what the finished product will look like:

0
Shower tile in progress
Also, much progress has been made on the living room since our last post.  The new support beams are now enclosed and new sheetrock, texture and paint have made the room come together quite nicely.  The only thing left in this room will be installing the ceiling fan, laying the wood floor and finishing everything off with new crown molding.  Piece of cake, right?  We love how everything has turned out.  It has really opened up the bottom level of the house and it is much more inviting.  George and I are very excited to move all of our furniture back in and sit and relax for a while!
IMG_5521
Living room back wall (where soffit and bookshelves used to be)
IMG_5519
New kitchen entry way
IMG_5510
No more living room wall!
IMG_5527
New closet lighting
IMG_5525
Grandpa Dan hard at work on the bedroom flooring!
We have been beginning planning Baby Horton's nursery and went to look at furniture today at Babies R' Us with Papa and Nana Marple.
iphone_pic
One of the perks of being pregnant! :)
We also got our baby registry started. I've decided that I need to do some homework on baby items so we can finish up the baby registry. There was so much to take in and it was hard to make decisions. We found a crib and dresser/changing table that we like and will get it ordered soon.

Next, we went to PF Chang's for Mom's 50th birthday celebration. We had a great time and got to enjoy each other's company. Say cheese, Nana!  Everyone got to feel Baby Horton move at dinner, it was really neat!
Happy 50th Mom!
Happy Birthday Mom!
This past week has been Baby H's most active time.  I will always remember this past Thursday.  She pretty much moved around from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. that night!  She was bouncing off the walls, moving non-stop!  I had a meeting during the afternoon and at one point, she kicked me so hard that I nearly jumped out of my chair.  I love getting to feel her move around and I'm thankful for this blessing.  It helps me know that she's OK and that everything is normal.  She must know that I worry from time to time and I need the reassurance.  I can tell that she is growing lots - and my belly is showing it too!  According to BabyCenter, Baby H is now over 14 inches long and weighs over 1.5 pounds!  It's hard to believe she's grown that much already.

I've been feeling great for the most part.  Today was pretty hard because my muscles are really beginning to expand and I'm quite sore.  Bending and moving around is not the same anymore!  Sometimes I feel like an old lady having George help me get around, haha!  We have really enjoyed the last few weeks because I have been able to get in the kitchen and cook.  I have been able to reward George for all his hard work on the house with all kinds of yummy meals.  It's been nice to be able to eat at home and enjoy each other's company.

Tomorrow I have my glucose test which I've heard is lots of fun.  Luckily, it is in the morning so I can get it over with early in the day.  I've got my orange drink in the refrigerator, ready to go for tomorrow.  It will be worth it because I'll get to hear her heartbeat :)

Last but not least, a belly photo for Week 26!
week 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment