Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 27 Update

This week definitely had its ups and its downs.  We'll start with the downs...

As we posted last week, I had my glucose test on Monday.  Unfortunately, my sugars came back a little high and I had to come back in on Friday for the 3-hour glucose test.  This test is more intense and requires fasting beforehand.  When you get to the doctor they draw blood for a pre-test sample and then have you drink a concentrated orange drink (which apparently is stronger than the first test's drink), and then draw your blood every hour for the next three hours.  Luckily, my doctor's office has a super comfy couch and even has pillows and blankets for people who are doing this test.  So, I kicked back in between and studied and kept up with work e-mails.  Overall, it really wasn't that bad.  But - I could have gone without having my blood drawn four times in one day :)  We'll find out the results of the test tomorrow which I'm sure will be fine.  I'm not too worried about it so we'll see what happens!

Now for the ups! :)
This week I have begun to notice how big Baby H is getting.  There are times when she kicks that I can feel part of her move on my right said and another part of her pushing against me on the left.  According to BabyCenter, she weighs about two pounds and is 15 inches long!  My feet have begun to swell a little if I am on my feet a lot during the day.  It's really not uncomfortable at this point, but I'm sure that will change!  

We have decided on baby furniture finally and it feels good to make a decision! Say hello to the future home of our little girl:
Insert Baby Horton Here :)
We can't wait to see her cute little face in it!

Now, here we are!  Me and little girl Horton at 27 weeks and growing strong!
IMG_5544
27 Weeks
The house is going extremely well.  Our closet and bathroom vanity will be delivered this week and the tile should be wrapped up as well.  This weekend Grandpa Dan came back up to help George finish the living room floor.  The two did an outstanding job on the floor and knocked it all out yesterday.  Dan's tools really help to speed the job along!  Below are some pictures of their handywork.
IMG_5540
Reese checking things out
IMG_5537
View from back door area
IMG_5528
New living room floor!
Last but not least, a "Before & After" photo to remind us of how far things have come and that we are so close to the finish line on these renovations!  We can't wait!
before_after_entry
Left: Before, Right: After
We hope each of you has a great week and will post another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment