Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 28 Update

This weekend George and I made lots of progress on the house.  We organized the upstairs like crazy to get ready for Baby H.  Since our master bedroom/bathroom/closet will soon be ready, we decided it was time to shift around the guest beds up stairs and clear out the baby's room to make way for her furniture.  We spent all day Saturday cleaning out the office, moving boxes around, dusting, sweeping and cleaning the floors.  It was lots of "fun".  Last night George put together Baby H's crib and bassinet that Nana and Papa Marple got for her.  It was very exciting to see the furniture in her room and get things going.  We also set up her bookshelf and will start organizing her things soon.
George
Daddy George hard at work!
I have been feeling great this week but have started to notice that my body doesn't let me do as much as I used to.  Bending over is not too much of an option anymore if I'm doing it by myself.  This morning I went to the doctor to get an Rh injection since I am Rh negative.  This will ensure that the baby will be safe if George's blood type is Rh positive.  I was a little nervous, but the shot didn't hurt at all.  We have our next monthly check-up two weeks from today.  Baby H has been doing great.  She is still moving around all the time.  She now weighs almost 2.5 pounds and is over 15 inches long.  She has started to "explore" my ribs which is pretty interesting.  Luckily she is pretty still through the night so I am still able to sleep pretty good each night.  Below is a belly update for everyone:
Week 28!
Week 28 - Standing next to Baby H's new bassinet
The house is going VERY well.  The closet staining will be finished this week and should be installed at the beginning of next week.  The bathroom tile is nearly finished and once that's done we can set the vanity, toilet and fixtures.  Before you know it I won't have any big house updates! (Which I am looking forward to!)

We hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment: