Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monkeyin' Around

This past week was Spring Break for George and it gave us a great opportunity to relax and enjoy some family time together. I took several days off myself and on the days that I did work, George brought Mattie up to OSU so we could have lunch together. It was just the break I needed to de-stress after all the work projects I've had going on. George got to do some projects around the house and I got to catch up on some organizing I've been meaning to do.

Mattie is doing wonderful and has hit so many milestones recently. She is officially crawling and likes to explore new things and move around. She gets very frustrated when she can't get to something she wants herself. It is so funny. She is drinking well out of her sippy cup and loves to feed herself finger food. Her favorite is still puffed cereal but she also likes soft cheese bites. Her little personality is so cute and we have fun laughing and playing together. She likes to play peek-a-boo and loves to be cheered on and clapped for. She is teething right now (and has many times before) - we'll see if this is the time she gets her first tooth! We will be celebrating 9 months with our precious girl this week and can't believe how big she is getting.

On Friday we got to go to the zoo with all the Hortons. It was a blast. We got to spend the day with Dan, Saradell, Saul, MaryBeth, Stran, Deedee, JC, Lincoln and little baby-in-the-belly Claira (Due date May 9). I have honestly never been to the OKC Zoo before and loved it. It was such a nice day and the animals were all out playing. Our favorites were the gorillas and the bears. :)

Below are some great pics I got of Mattie in the grass yesterday and from the zoo. Enjoy and have a wonderful week!

Verse for this week: "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:16
He is infinite and able to meet us where we are at all times. God is able.






















No comments:

Post a Comment