Monday, May 23, 2011

34 Weeks and Going Strong!

This weekend we traveled to Lawton for a wonderful baby shower hosted by Deedee Stafford, Sara Mazzo, Shannon Richey, Sharon Stephen and Tracy Frees.  We had such a great time and Baby Horton was showered with love and presents by some of our closest friends and family.  It became very clear at the shower that she will be well-dressed for quite sometime.  George and I have held off on purchasing clothes because we wanted to wait and see what we needed, and I sure am glad that we waited!  The outfits, shoes, hairbows and adorable socks were overflowing!  I cannot wait to dress her and show her off in her new gear.  We are truly blessed and thankful to everyone that came.  :)

The hostesses purchased Baby Horton's bedding and had the most creative decorations to match it!  And the best part - I got to take the decorations home for her room!  Sara made a custom tree branch (in photo below) that has decorative leaves, buds and even a little birds nest.  George's cousins (Shannon, Michael, Amanda and Alecia) made hand painted wooden birds to match the "Love Birds" print from her bedding.  They are adorable and I can't wait to put them in her room (pictures to come)!  Here is a preview of the bedding:


We will be painting Baby H's room this weekend and getting everything set up. I can't wait to see it all come together.  Here is a mood board to show you the color scheme and fabrics:


Sara Mazzo was kind enough to be our event photographer and she did a fantastic job!  She is also responsible for this week's belly photo.  Thanks Sara for capturing a great memory!

34 Weeks!
34 Weeks with my hunny!
George and I definitely feel blessed to be surrounded by such caring family and friends.  We couldn't ask for better supporters during this transitional time in our lives!  Baby Horton is doing well.  We have a check-up appointment this afternoon.  There hasn't been much change in how I'm feeling other than a lot more swelling on my feet and ankles.  I feel like I'm walking around on elephant feet sometimes!  She has been kicking and moving around A TON!  George and I's new favorite thing to do is to watch my belly transform into all different shapes and sizes as she moves around.  We can really tell she's getting bigger and can't wait to meet this little "wiggle worm"! :)

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
The Hortons

No comments:

Post a Comment