Tuesday, May 31, 2011

35 Week Update

This week we have been organizing like crazy!  Now that the house is almost finished, my urge to "nest" has been kicked into overdrive.  George has been extremely helpful and even put up with me changing my mind on what room the nursery would be in.  This meant that we had to disassemble the guest room and baby furniture and switch the rooms back to where they originally were.  I am so thankful to have a patient husband! :)  When everything was said and done, we were glad that the rooms were switched.  We kept the larger room upstairs for a guest bedroom and made the smaller room into a more intimate nursery.  I love it!  My co-worker, Carrie, came over and gave George a BIG baby present this Sunday by painting the nursery for us.  She did a stellar job and the color pulled everything together.  We still have several things to get done in the nursery like: purchase an area rug, hang curtains, hang the doors, finish hanging wall decor and a few other things.  Overall, it's getting closer and we thought you might like a sneak-peek!


Getting closer!
Baby H's Room
Reading corner
Reading Nook
Getting closer!
Crib & Changing Table
George admiring his hard work
My super handy husband!
I am really excited to see things coming together.  It makes us think about the weeks to come and that before long, Baby H will be here!  

This week, there has not been a lot of change in how I'm feeling.  I still have quite a bit of swelling but have learned to keep my feet up as much as possible.  Last night, George and I had fun watching Baby Horton move around in my belly.  We think either her fist or foot was being pushed out and moved across and back and forth.  It was pretty funny to watch!  It is surreal to think that I have a little girl inside of me who is over 5 lbs. now!  She is definitely trying to move around and make more room for herself, that's for sure.  This coming Monday will be my 36 Week check-up and they will start to check her progression and positioning.  

Yesterday George's parents came up for a quick visit on Memorial Day.  They delivered Baby Horton's glider and we can't wait to use it!  We're keeping it downstairs in our bedroom so we can use it there until she gets bigger.  I love it!  Also, George's mom brought up more photos from the Lawton baby shower and there were some really good ones.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family who love us and spoil Baby H already.  We can't thank each person enough for their love and support during this exciting time in our lives!  Below are some of the photos from the shower.  The rest can be viewed by clicking here.  Special thanks to Sara Mazzo for her amazing photography skills!  Their photography business can be found at www.MikeMazzo.com if you need any photos!  They come highly recommended from us Hortons :)

IMG_9665
IMG_9673
IMG_9695
IMG_9701
IMG_9705
IMG_9713
IMG_9745
IMG_9790
IMG_9813
IMG_9932
IMG_9935

No comments:

Post a Comment